SETTING YOUR PATH TOWARDS FINANCIAL SECURITY
Group Retirement and Savings Plans
Business owners can use group benefits, such as retirement and savings plans to help attract and retain quality employees. Either provided independently or paired with group benefits, a group savings plan can be a convenient, flexible, and affordable way for employers to help employees pursue their long-term financial goals. A financial planner can help business owners and their valued employees choose group retirement and savings products. Choose from products like:
- 401(k) Plans: We can help to administer this type of retirement plan if you’re a business owner. If you are a participant, we can determine what you should be contributing each year based on your income needs, retirement goals, and current financial situation. To learn more, click here.
- Simplified Employee Pension Plans: A SEP IRA is designed for self-employed individuals and small businesses. Earnings are tax-deferred and contributions are tax-deductible. Many self-employed individuals and small businesses like having a SEP IRA because of the flexibility of contributing, the easy setup and administration to employees, and the tax-advantages. Account owners can contribute up to 25 percent of their net compensation per year.
- Qualified Retirement Plans: There are three separate types of qualified retirement plans:
- Defined benefit plans: Also known as a pension plan, employees are guaranteed a set benefit when they retire. Benefits are determined by the employee’s years of service, age, and salary. Employers are responsible for investment management, which is why we are here to help. If you are an employer, we can manage the plans and choose investments best suited for your company.
- Profit sharing plans: A profit sharing plan allows for an employer to contribute to the plan in a flexible way. The company can decide if they want to contribute to the plan on a yearly basis. These plans require time-consuming administrative activities that we are able to assist with so you can focus on running your business.
- Money purchase pension plans: This type of pension plan is similar to a profit sharing plan but employers are required to make a contribution to employees’ plans every year. Companies can enjoy tax deferment of their contributions as long as they do not exceed 25 percent of the total annual compensation of all plan participants.
Contact us today to learn about how group retirement and savings plans can benefit your business by dropping us a line at email@example.com or calling us at (860)606-0977 (Farmington) or (860)815-9041 (Glastonbury).